Friday, April 20, 2007

Relay For Life is in The Red & Black...Again!!!

I was thrilled to get a text message today from Hannah, Relay For Life's Special Event Coordinator, telling me that an article about Relay was in the UGA newspaper, The Red & Black.

I randomly ran into an editor of The Red & Black, and we started to talk. As I told her about Relay and the upcoming events, she said she would immediately have a reporter cover the Homerun Derby that UGA softball and Relay are co-sponsoring.

Clearly, the old cliche is true, it helps to be in the right place at the right time!!!

Thank you Red & Black for publishing an article about Relay!!! Hopefully with the article's help, we'll have a GREAT turnout tomorrow!

2 comments:

Christy Cinibulk said...

I just wanted to let you know what an inspiration you are to me. It is amazing to see what people are capable of when they are truly dedicated to a cause so close to their heart. Good luck with everything over the next week and you know I'm with you all the way! :)

Lauren said...

Thanks, Christy!

You're so sweet! Get excited--we're almost done with Campaigns!