Monday, April 16, 2007

Virginia Tech, You're in My Thoughts and Prayers

Wow.

My mom called me this morning to tell me about today's tragic events; it stopped me in my tracks. My heart goes out to the families, students, professors, friends and the community of VT. I can't imagine what today must have been like on their campus, nor do I ever want to live through something like that.

It's funny how an event like this can put your life into perspective. One week ago I was completely stressed about how I was going to finish a 200 page project, but today, its such an easy task compared to what these students and faculty faced. Today's events honestly make me realize that the littlest things in life that cause the biggest stresses are still so minute and small in the scheme of things.

I'm so thankful that I'm safe, but I still question why those students weren't. Why them? I'm a big believer that everything happens for a reason, but in a situation like this, it's very hard to see and understand the positive that could come from this. I will continually pray for these victims and those who surround them. God bless.

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

I'm glad you wrote about this. I've been thinking how I'm so happy I am not their PR person. What a horrible thing to have to make appear better.

Thanks for your support in campaigns! You are our rock!

Lauren said...

I thought about that too, especially since the President is under fire for the way he responded to the situation...

But thank you. You're giving me way too much credit. I have a great team and I couldn't have done anything without you guys!!!