Monday, April 2, 2007

Alcohol: A Cure All!

I, like thousands of others, suffer from allergies, especially because of the pollen. But now there is a fun way to deal with the symptoms.

According to an article in the Atlanta Journal Constitution, The Ritz-Carlton hotels in downtown Atlanta and Buckhead crafted their own cure: a Loblolly Folly Martini. This yellow vodka martini is dipped in fine yellow sugar and costs $12; but, it is a good way to forget about allergies and the symptoms.

The Area Public Relations Director, Sandra Ryder, named the drink after the Loblolly pine, which produces much of the pollen in Georgia.

As an emerging PR practitioner and an allergy suffer myself, I think this is an amazing PR ploy. This drink is innovative and fun creating hype for the hotel and offers a unique cocktail for their occupants.

Because my allergies are so irritating, I'm tempted to go to the Ritz and experience this martini first hand!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lauren - Thank you for blogging about the drink. If you are in Atlanta, I would love to buy you one.
Kimberly
Sandra's assistant
kimberly.brannon@ritzcarlton.com

Lauren said...

Thank you! I think the drink is a wonderful idea--that's great PR work! I'm sure I'll be in Atlanta soon to try this drink myself!