Saturday, April 28, 2007

Relay For Life Raises More Than $257,000!!!

My year long hard work and 24 hours without sleep at Relay For Life proved to all be worth it--the 2007 University of Georgia's Relay For Life raised more than $257,000!!!

I woke up yesterday and was so excited because what I had worked so hard for an entire year was finally here. It was so exciting to be at the track and watch teams set up their campsite, greet faculty and survivors and watch our hard work come to life.

Now, I've finally slept and as I continue to think about the event, I'm thrilled to think the Executive Board planned such an awesome fundraiser. Of course, we couldn't have done anything without the team captains, team members and sponsors, so much of my appreciate belongs with them.

I can't believe my final collegiate Relay has come to an end--it's bittersweet. It's time for a fresh face to take over the Public Relations Director position; but, at the same time, I will miss Exec--we've become a family. But at least I can look back on this experience and be proud of what I did and know that for many years to come, UGA will have an AMAZING Relay For Life.

No comments: